Contact Information

Address: Gang Warily Recreation and Community Centre

Telephone: 02380 890761

Office hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm


Facebook pages: Fawley Parish Council


Council Staff

Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer : Stephanie Bennett

Deputy Clerk : Sue Markides

Finance Manager : Danni Alexander

Grounds Manager : Jason Mansbridge

Grounds Workers Steve Chiverton, James Trollope and 1 temporary member of staff

Maintenance and Works Supervisor : Simon Llewellyn

Receptionists Jubilee Hall : Annette Slattery and Jo Town (Julie Stansbridge)

Youth Workers : Amy Andrew and Natalie Smith (Asst)

Caretaker Jubilee Hall : Chris Lange

Cleaner Gang Warily : Sarah Kitcher


Councillors and Wards

The councillors, their contacts details, and committees on which they sit can be found on the councillor details page

The wards (see map opposite for boundaries) are covered by the following councillors:

Hardley – Councillor Josie Poole

Blackfield and Langley – Councillors Alan Alvey, Dan Poole, Paul Saunders, Matthew Hartmann and Alexa Carcas

Fawley – Councillors Brian Hall and Ken Smith

Holbury – Councillors Barry Coyston, Allan Glass, David McElhenny, Sally Read, Chas McGill and Beverley Thorne

Calshot – Councillor Shay Milgate

Councillors are guided in their work by the Councillor Code of Conduct and topic guides of the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) (see file links below)

Personal Safety for Councillors

These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .pdf. Request an accessible format.


Council is usually held on the third Wednesday every other month with committees taking turns to meet on the third Wednesday between council meetings.  Planning meets at 6.00pm on every third Wednesday.  The full schedule of meetings can be found on the Dates of Meetings page

Public Participation is encouraged at meetings and the policy for managing these periods can be found here

Councillors also represent the council on external bodies; those appointments are made by Council


Development Applications

All information is available on the New Forest District Council and National Park Authority websites.  You will need to search for information on the planning authority relevant to the address.

Information on what is a material consideration has been provided by the Planning Portal and the government provides guidance on determining planning applications

Tree Applications

Information on what is a protected tree is available on New Forest District Council and the National Park Authority website

Both of these links take you to the application process and applications for tree work that have been submitted

Key Documents for Councillors

Finance and Audit Documents

The Budget Report, Annual Report to Council, Outturn Report and all audit and transparency documents can be found on the Finance and Annual Reports web

Information on grants including the application form can be found on the grants webpage

Governance Documents

The Council’s Standing Orders can be found on the Standing Orders page

The Council’s Financial Regulations can be found on the Financial Regulations page

Council operations are conducted within policy set by Council.  The extensive policy list is being reviewed and up to date policies can be accessed on the Policies, Strategies and Codes of Practice page.

A councillor checklist for General Data Protection Awareness is available in order to assist councillors to understand the basic requirements on them

The Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer Job Description


Sources of information


The recommended websites for councillor information are

National Association of Local Councils (log in required for some parts – please contact the Clerk)

Hampshire Association of Local Councils (log in required for some parts – please contact the clerk)

Also of interest might be the paper from the House of Commons Library 

Local Government Association – Fawley Parish Council is not a member and does not have access to the restricted content

New Forest District Council website and Hampshire County Council website can be difficult to find information from.

Associations of Local Councils

The Council subscribes to Hampshire Association of Local Councils and the National Association of Local Councils (NALC).  Both website contain considerable guidance for councillors and NALC provides Legal Topic Notes.  Access to the members areas of these websites requires a password and login and these can be obtained from the Clerk (previously sent on e mail)